Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reading the scriptures is an amazing thing. You can read them many times and different things come into your mind or make sense at different times in your life. I really find comfort in this scripture:

Doctrine and Covenants 121: 7-9 "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee with warm hearts and friendly hands. Thou are not yet as Job..."

I like the part that "Thou are not yet as Job..." It means to me that life can be alot worse. That my life is not as bad as I think it is sometimes. I have a great family, a great husband that loves me. Life is great!! I complain alot especially to my husband about things that really don't matter. I do wake up everyday trying to be a better person. I better wife, a better daughter to my earthly parents and my Heavenly Father, and just better in everything I do. Somedays I suceed and other days I don't. But the fact is that I am trying.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
California, United States
We decided to start a blog to keep friends and family updated on whats happening in our life. Especially family and friends that are out of state.